AirMedCare Network (“AMCN”) is an alliance of affiliated emergency air ambulance providers* (each a Provider). Your AMCN membership automatically enrolls you as a member in each Provider’s membership program. Membership ensures that you will have no out-of-pocket flight expenses if flown by a Provider by providing prepaid protection against a Provider’s air ambulance costs that are not covered by any insurance, benefits, or third-party responsibility available to you, subject to the following terms and conditions:
AMCN Fly-U-Home and Fly-U-Home International* Master Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to both AMCN Fly-U-Home and Fly-U-Home International memberships.
1. Qualifications, Limitations and Exclusions. Membership is subject to the following qualifications, limitations and exclusions:
Waiting Periods. For the first 30 days of membership, a member may not be eligible for a transport due to illness or injury if the member was hospitalized for the same or a related condition within 30 days prior to the membership effective date.
Ineligible and Excluded Transports. A member being evaluated for or on an organ transplant list prior to enrollment will not be entitled to a transport for conditions related to that transplant. A member who is hospitalized at the time of enrollment will not be eligible for transport benefits for that hospitalization and may not be accepted for membership entirely.
Maximum Number of Transports. Membership covers up to two separate transports per year per membership (in total for all members covered under one membership); however, if multiple members who are covered under one membership require simultaneous transport, then each such member will be limited to that one transport.
Locations Inaccessible by Fixed Wing Aircraft. Both the originating and receiving hospital must be reasonably accessible by ground ambulance to transport the member to and from an airfield capable of accommodating an AirMed or one of its authorized affiliates aircraft. The cost associated with transportation from isolated areas or islands to an airport accessible to AirMed aircraft is not included in the membership and will be the responsibility of the member. Membership benefits do not include helicopter transportation.
High Risk / Safety Medical Restrictions. In conjunction with FAA, U.S. State Department and other regulatory standards, and AirMed safety standards, a member will not be entitled to air medical transport if the member’s illness or injury is a result of or is contributed to by the following: (i)suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-injury; (ii) a member’s own criminal or felonious act; (iii) actions taken while the member is in a state of insanity; (iv) war, invasion, civil war or terrorism; or (v) contagious airborne pathogens. A member suffering from a psychiatric or mental disorder that is not manageable and will not allow safe transport within the confines of the ground ambulance and aircraft may not be transported. A member beyond the second trimester of pregnancy may not be transported if the transport request relates to the pregnancy.
Term; Cancellation; No Refunds. The length of the membership term will be as specified in the membership application and will begin on the enrollment date, which is the date on which the enrollment application is received and payment is successfully processed. A renewal within a current membership term extends the existing expiration date of the membership by the membership term selected; such renewal term begins the day after the current term ends. When an expired membership is renewed, the new membership term as selected by the member, will begin on the purchase date of the renewal.
AirMed reserves the right to terminate any membership immediately if (i) the annual billing is not paid in full, in accordance with the payment plan that the member selects or (ii) AirMed does not receive payment for other reason.
2. Any and all matters arising out of or relating to the membership program, these terms and conditions, and/or the subject matter hereof shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States of America (including without limitation, the Federal Arbitration Act) and, to the extent not preempted by Federal law, the laws of the State of Alabama without regard to conflicts or choice of law principles, regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. Outside of these terms and conditions, Federal law preempts state and local laws, regulations, and other provisions, including common law duties that relate to rates, routes, or services of an air carrier. To the extent a state or political subdivision thereof makes the incorporation of common law duties or state law in contracts optional, AirMed and you agree that this contract does not incorporate any such common law duties or state laws.
3. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the membership program, these terms and conditions, and/or the subject matter hereof shall be resolved by binding arbitration by a single arbitrator pursuant to the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“Rules”), as modified by these terms and conditions. The place of arbitration will be Birmingham, Alabama. The judgment on any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF OTHER MEMBERS OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. The arbitrator is not authorized to award attorney’s fees and costs or equitable relief. In the event the prohibition on class arbitration or any other provision in this arbitration agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect. In the event of any dispute between the parties, you agree to first contact AirMed and make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to arbitration under these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions between a member and AirMed, including any other writings, or verbal representations, relating to the terms and conditions of membership. These terms and conditions may be modified or amended only in writing signed by the President of AirMed, and may not be modified or amended orally, by trade usage or by course of conduct or dealing.
* * * *
AirMedCare Network* Fly-U-Home U.S. Domestic Membership Specific Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to AirMedCare Network Fly-U-Home membership only.
1. Member Eligibility. A member must be a natural person who resides in the Contiguous 48 States, meaning the United States of America, excluding the states of Alaska and Hawaii, and excluding all territories and possessions. A member’s residence must be listed on the member’s enrollment application. Requests for changes to a member’s residence must be submitted in writing to AirMed. The benefits of the membership extend to the designated primary member and all persons who dwell in a shared living space with the primary member and who are named in the enrollment application. Membership commences after a completed enrollment application and full payment has been received.
2. Air Medical Transport: Arrangements, Suitability and Additional Passengers. If (1) an AirMedCare Network Fly-U-Home member is admitted to a hospital in the Contiguous 48 States that is more than 150 nautical miles (or approximately 172.6 statute miles) from the member’s residence and (2) it is determined by the member’s physician and AirMed’s medical director that the member’s medical condition is stable enough to allow air transport but that medical escort is required, then, at the member’s request, AirMed will provide the member with private air medical transport or, if appropriate, commercial airline transport with medical escort. Transport will be provided on a bedside- to-bedside basis to a hospital of the member’s choice that has accepted the member as a patient and is within the locality of the member’s residence, subject to the membership terms and conditions.
3. Transport of Mortal Remains. If a member dies within the Contiguous 48 States while traveling more than 150 nautical miles (or approximately 172.6 statute miles) from the member’s residence, at the request of the member’s family, AirMed will arrange for the return of the member’s mortal remains to a funeral facility in the city of the member’s residence within the Contiguous 48 States.
* * * *
Fly-U-Home International* Specific Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to Fly-U-Home International membership only.
1. Member Eligibility. A member must reside in the United States or, in AirMed’s sole discretion, Canada. References to “United States” in these terms and conditions and the description of benefits means the 50 United States and Puerto Rico, but no other United States territories or possessions. A member’s residence must be listed on the member’s enrollment application. Requests for changes to a member’s residence must be submitted in writing to AirMed. Approval by AirMed of a Canadian resident member must be evidenced by AirMed’s acceptance of an enrollment application clearly identifying the member as a Canadian resident in a transaction solely governed by United States law. If for any reason the law of another country is found to apply to a membership, then such membership will be void and the member’s sole remedy will be a refund of the membership fee applicable to such membership. Members must be natural persons.
2. Air Medical Transport: Arrangements, Suitability and Additional Passengers. AirMed will make all arrangements for each air medical transport, including timing of the transport, type of aircraft, etc. This is a membership program that provides pre-paid medical transportation and is not an insurance plan. AirMed will not reimburse members for medical, medical transport or related expenses they incur on their own.
Decisions regarding urgency of transport, the best timing and the most suitable means of transportation will be made by the AirMed medical department after consultation with the local attending physician and the member’s receiving physician. AirMed membership does not cover emergent patient transports. If emergent medical treatment or transportation is needed, a member should contact appropriate local authorities for assistance. If, after a member receives such local emergent medical treatment or transportation while traveling more than 150 miles from the member’s residence, the member is admitted to a local hospital, then the member may qualify for repatriation benefits under the AirMed membership. In addition, a member with mild lesions, simple injuries such as sprains, simple fractures or mild conditions which can be treated by local doctors and do not prevent the member from continuing his or her trip or returning home does not qualify for air medical transport. All decisions made by the AirMed medical department are final.
Due to the limited medical facilities and testing available on cruise ships, in some cases the AirMed Medical Director may require the member to be admitted to a hospital on-shore before dispatching the AirMed aircraft.
3. Qualifications, Limitations and Exclusions. Membership is subject to the following qualifications, limitations and exclusions:
Ineligible and Excluded Transports. A member traveling outside of the United States for the sole purpose of seeking medical treatment, whether inpatient or outpatient, experimental or otherwise, will not be eligible for air medical transport benefits for that specific medical condition.
Extended Travel Limitation. AirMed membership is valid for unlimited U.S. travel and international travel with a limit of 90 days of unbroken travel per trip. For international travel in excess of 90 days of unbroken travel per trip, AirMed offers an Expatriate membership.
High Risk / Safety Travel Restrictions. Due to the high risk of sending U.S. registered aircraft and personnel into countries or geographic regions where the U.S. State Department, Department of Transportation, or the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued travel restrictions, membership services are not available in these areas.
* AirMedCare Network® is a registered service mark of Air Medical Group Holdings LLC. All AMCN Fly-U-HomeSM and Fly-U-Home International membership benefits are offered and provided by AirMed International LLC, an FAA Part 135 operator. All aircraft services are provided by AirMed International LLC, an FAA Part 135 operator, EagleMed LLC, an FAA Part 135 operator, both subsidiaries of Air Medical Group Holdings LLC, or a certified FAA Part 135 substitute air carrier engaged by AirMed International LLC.